Leisure & activities
Sport a smile at the range of activities on offer – whether you prefer competitive sport or outdoor activities we have excellent modern leisure and recreational facilities and a truly great outdoors. Here are some highlights:-
- Inverness Leisure– A fine pool with flumes and leisure waters, a sports Centre and an athletic stadium cater for all sports.
- Inverness Ice Rink offers both skating and the traditional Scottish ice sport of curling while Rollerbowl offers 24 lanes of ten pin bowling.
- The city has four golf courses - Inverness Golf Club, Torvean, Fairways (which includes a driving range) and Castle Stuart golf links - home to the Scottish Open. Top courses such as Dornoch and Nairn also lie nearby.
- Football Mundial- a 6-a-side football league.
- Angling– The hill lochs and rivers around Inverness are famous throughout Scotland for the quality of their fishing
- Walking - There are paths to suit all interests, from hill walking to the Great Glen Way to leisurely strolls around the city itself.
- Cycling – Inverness is on the National Cycle network (routes 1 & 7) while scenic roads and built trails make the area a prime choice for both road cycling and mountain biking.
- Watersports - the Moray Firth and Loch Ness offer sailing while kayakers have access to numerous lochs and rivers as well as the new Great Glen Canoe Trail.